The Berthiaume Institute for Precision Health (BIPH) is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2022 Summer Graduate Research Fellowships.
The Berthiaume Institute supports several programs and research experiences for student researchers during a key part of their education, both on campus and with clinical collaborators.
The 2022 Berthiaume Institute for Precision Health Summer Fellowship recipients are as follows:
- Laura Alderfer, Bioengineering; advisor: Donny Hanjaya-Putra
- Kirk Atkinson, Chemistry & Biochemistry; advisor: Brad Smith
- Nathan Dominique, Chemistry & Biochemistry; advisor: Jon Camden
- Harrison Hill, Chemistry & Biochemistry; advisor: Brandon Ashfeld
- Tiffany Huwe, Biological Sciences; advisor: Cristian Koepfli
- Chinedu Madukoma, CEEES; advisor: Josh Shrout
- Sihan Yu, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering; advisor: Matt Webber
- Yuting Zhang, Integrated Biomedical Sciences; advisor: Xin Lu
The Leiva Graduate Fellowship in Precision Medicine
The Leiva Graduate Fellowship in Precision Medicine awards summer funding to one outstanding Notre Dame student showing promise in the area of precision medicine research, acknowledging academic achievement, character, and qualities of leadership.
- Alicia Wei, Bioengineering; advisor: Tom O’Sullivan
The O’Brien Family Endowment for Excellence Fellowship
The O’Brien Family Endowment for Excellence Fellowship awards summer funding to one Notre Dame graduate student researching the development of biomedical tools and techniques, with a preference for research that addresses Parkinson’s disease or other neurodegenerative diseases.
- Francisco Huizar, Bioengineering; advisor: Jeremiah Zartman
Congratulations to all of this year’s recipients.
For more information on the fellowships and other BIPH research opportunities, please visit precisionhealth.nd.edu/opportunities/.
Originally published by precisionhealth.nd.edu on May 17, 2022.at